So I was worshipping this morning and I began to sing "I delight in You, I delight in You, I delight in You." And I felt the LORD ask "why?" It felt just like when Heather asks me the same thing...why do you like me?
I started to sing about how I would do anything He asked...because He is trustworthy. About how I never have to worry about His heart drifting from mine...because He is faithful. Now I think about why I delight in Him and I think how we've walked together for a long time and closely...because He is a great friend. And how His love is pure, undefiled, inalterable. There's no high like the Most High. [I still want to write that song!]
Interestingly, nothing about His holiness, justice, beauty, worth, or power came to mind. What does that say?
19 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment