23 January 2009

Typewriter - it's a new line baby!

So last night I was rehearsing for the first time at a church that I'm partnering with for 3 months and they brought some songs to do and I brought some songs. Well the 3 songs from their "A list" were Forever, Your Love Oh Lord, and Take My Life (Holiness). I'm pretty sure I haven't led Take My Life since college days with IVCF and here I am leading a beginner band (talented, but undeveloped and stuck in the "playing stuff the way I can rather than adjusting my playing style to fit the song" rut). If feels like I haven't played with this kind of team for a long time (at least not on a regular basis). But then it hits me...words from Dale Mast's prophetic word to me on August 5, 2003:


When I started praying in the Spirit I saw your hand go up touching a very archaic instrument called the typewriter and you know how you used to shove the carriage tray back so you could type another line. I felt like the hand of God was shoving you back to what you felt like was “start” but God said, “We’re on a different line, and it’s a different message, and I’m doing a different thing that I’m writing on your heart and on your life”. While you might feel like, Lord, I feel like I’m going all the way back to the beginning, God said, “Do not confuse this; that you have gone to another level”. And now it’s talking about training you in another dimension.



huh. Same caliber of team as way back in the way back, yet my role is COMPLETELY different. I am here to train (as an experienced musician and band leader) these talented, but "un-honed for modern worship" musicians. That's my role - not just to be a space filler on a Sunday, but to take them to another level, one step at a time. (they don't have to make huge leaps, Dave, just steps). LORD, help me do that well!

I just love recognizing the realization of a word...

No comments:

Post a Comment